Thank you for your interest in volunteering with HYPER JAPAN. Please read the Terms and Conditions thoroughly and make sure you’re happy to adhere to these before completing your application. Then click the button below and fill out the application form online, ensuring you fill in all fields and include your telephone number and email address (most of our correspondence with you will be via email).
If you are not a UK/EEA/Swiss national, you must have a valid visa which allows for volunteering in the UK. Valid visa types are listed on the application form. Anyone on Tourist/Visitor visas is NOT allowed to volunteer.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All volunteers must be 18 years old or over on 27 November 2015.
- You have responsibility for arranging your own transport to and from the site. Please see the website for more details on how to get to the venue.
- Expenses, including travel and accommodation, will not be reimbursed.
- Your priority as a volunteer is to help us run HYPER JAPAN. We appreciate that there may be specific attractions you want to see over the weekend, however, you are required to complete your committed hours of your shift.
- You will receive a reply from us in October on whether you are required for volunteer work.
- If you are not a UK/EEA/Swiss national, you will be required to submit a copy of your passport and visa.
- If you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance notification and be informed of the shifts you will work, with an Information Pack which contains Staff Handbook and Job Manual.
- Briefing and training will be provided on-site at the beginning of each shift.
- All volunteers must arrive at least 10 minutes before your shift. Please note that the morning shift begins at 8:00 AM as shifts start before the event opens.
- We cannot always get friends to work in the same position or same shift.
- Unfortunately we do not always have enough positions for all the applicants. We will carefully select volunteers, based on a number of criteria including availability and interest. Generally speaking, flexibility with your time can improve your chances of getting a volunteer position.
- We will try and match your skills to volunteer positions available, however, we cannot accommodate every request.
- In exchange for your time and effort, you will gain a free entry to the event on the day of your shift.
- We will not provide a reference for on-site volunteers. However, we will award you with a volunteer certificate, given that we receive your request no later than 2 weeks from the day you volunteer.
- All volunteer applicants will be subscribed to the HYPER JAPAN newsletter from which you can unsubscribe at any time.