No proper Japanese table setting is complete without a “hashi-oki” rest or ‘pillow’ to lay your chopsticks on. These often come in amusing or intricate designs. In this session, you will learn how to fashion your own from beautiful Japanese paper or washi, which itself is recognized by UNESCO as an intangible cultural heritage object, and comes in an array of dazzling patterns.
- Starts at 11:45 Saturday 16th
- £5 Per person
- All Ages
- No advance bookings, purchase a token for the activity at the HJ shop (near the Creative Studio).
- You should be at the Creative Studio 10 minutes before the starting time for the activity.
- You can only purchase a token for an activity during the same session it is taking place.
- 60 People max per activity.