Papier-mâché Doll | Hariko Ningyo
There is a great tradition of making dolls using papier-mâché in Japan, dating back to the Edo era of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In this session, you can decorate either a daruma, the traditional good-luck charm rooted in Zen Buddhism, or a maneki-neko, the manically beckoning cat that is to be found in many shop and restaurant windows throughout Japan.
- Starts at 12:00 Sunday 17th
- £5 Per person
- All Ages
- Note: This activity involves paint so wear clothes you are willing to get dirty in the event of an accident.
- No advance bookings, purchase a token for the activity at the HJ shop (near the Creative Studio).
- You should be at the Creative Studio 10 minutes before the starting time for the activity.
- You can only purchase a token for an activity during the same session it is taking place.
- 60 People max per activity.