Ito Kagari Zaiku: Japanese Stitching
“Ito Kagari Zaiku” is a particular style of Japanese stitching. Using coloured thread, several (dozen) deft twists of the hand later, and what you have is a beautiful work of art. While its roots are practical, Kagari Zaiku has embraced its aesthetic side to where it’s now common to make Japanese “yubinuki” thimbles, hair accessories, earrings and other decoratives!
In this workshop, you will use a decorative stitching technique to create a colourful, intricately patterned ring that can be worn on a necklace as an unusual piece of jewellery. Choose your threads, visualise your patterns, and off you go!
- Starts at 19:45 Saturday 16th
- £5 Per person
- All Ages
- Note: Parental supervision required for under-18s due to sharp objects.
- No advance bookings, purchase a token for the activity at the HJ shop (near the Creative Studio).
- You should be at the Creative Studio 10 minutes before the starting time for the activity.
- You can only purchase a token for an activity during the same session it is taking place.
- 60 People max per activity.