The art of sumi-e, or ink wash painting – is an expressive one. Using only black ink, the practice is an exercise in artistic expression and individuality! Adjust the strength of your stroke and give depth and density to your artwork. Think of it as calligraphy painting where total artistic freedom is yours!
In this session, you will learn how to manipulate your brush to create your very own tranquil bamboo forest, or a sleek goldfish swimming in a pond. While seemingly simple, the endless combinations you can create with shades of ink and strength of stroke will ensure your artwork is unique!
- Starts at 16:00 Saturday 16th, 17:00 Sunday 17th
- £5 Per person
- All Ages
- No advance bookings, purchase a token for the activity at the HJ shop (near the Creative Studio).
- You should be at the Creative Studio 10 minutes before the starting time for the activity.
- You can only purchase a token for an activity during the same session it is taking place.
- 60 People max per activity.