Fancy trying your hand at making an original cocktail with a Japanese twist? Are you a bartender with a bar, restaurant, hotel, or a freelance professional? Then the 2015 Sake Cocktail Awards are interested in you!
The Sake Cocktail Awards are a fantastic opportunity for bartenders and mixologists alike to try their hand at making cocktails from a Japanese sake base. As sake is quickly gaining popularity amongst the general drinking public, it’s only natural that a cocktail be there to suit their needs!
- Currently with at a bar, hotel, or restaurant. Or, privately employed as a contract bartender.
- Of legal drinking age as of 1 September, 2015. UK resident or EU national.
- Able to create their own original cocktail and recipe.
- Able to commit to the above dates. (Ideally all but even 1 day is fine)
- There is no fee for entry.
- £100 per day will be provided for ingredients.
Cocktail Recipe Rules:
- The base spirit must be one of the shortlisted sake
- The cocktail may be shaken, stirred, blended, etc.
- The cocktail should include one or more vegetables, fruit, fruit peels, etc.
- The recipe should be scalable for a 30ml serving for 1500 people over 3 days.
(Fri: 400, Sat: 600, Sun: 500)
- Entrants will need to provide their own equipment
- The maximum number of ingredients is seven, including the base spirit.
- Entrants will be responsible for their own ingredients.