General Info and FAQs
Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions we receive, as well as what we hope are helpful answers! Click each question to reveal the answer.
HYPER JAPAN Festival 2022 will be held at
Battersea Park, Chelsea Bridge, Queenstown Rd, London SW11 4NJ
Click here for more info
Friday 22nd July: 12:00 – 19:00
Saturday 23rd July: 9:00 – 14:30 (1st Session), 15:00 – 19:30 (2nd Session)
Sunday 24th July: 10:00 – 17:00
General Admission Tickets allows entry to each session only.
All visitors need to book a ticket, including children of all ages. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult with a general admission ticket. Please refer to the tickets page for further information.
NOTE: Tickets for children 10 years old and under must be reserved. These tickets are free of charge and allow entry with a general admission ticketholder parent/guardian.
All special events and activities (i.e. Sake Experience, Workshops etc.) require an “add on” ticket which is only valid if accompanied by an admission ticket for the same day.
Entry to The Sake Experience will be strictly for visitors aged 18 years old and over and requires a separate add on tickets which you can purchase from the ticket page when available.
There are two sessions of HYPER JAPAN on Saturday:
1st Session 9:00 – 14:30
2nd Session 15:00 – 19:30
The event will be completely closed between these two sessions. Last entry for the Saturday 1st Session is at 14:00, after which time no re-entry will be allowed.
The Saturday 1st Session ticket is valid for the Saturday 1st Session only, and will not allow entry for the Saturday 2nd Session, and vice versa. Tickets cannot be substituted for entry on a different Saturday session or different days.
Even if you have purchased a 3 Day Pass, you will be required to leave the event areas between 14:30 and 15:00 between sessions on Saturday.
We highly recommend that you print out your tickets and bring them with you to the event. E-tickets displayed on mobile devices are also accepted, but in the case of malfunction or technical difficulties, we cannot guarantee your entry. So please make sure to print out your tickets!
Re-entry to the event after once leaving must be via the main entrance. Please show your wristband to entry staff to re-enter
The Organiser will make every effort to ensure that entry into the event is as smooth as possible. During busy times, it may be necessary to wait to gain entry into the event. In the case that event areas reach their capacity, visitors will be required to wait to gain access.
Please plan ahead and allow enough time to get to the venue, especially if you are planning to see a popular show or performance. It is strongly recommended that you arrive early so you will not miss the show due to queuing.
We regret to inform you that we will not issue ticket refunds for HYPER JAPAN Festival 2022 for the following reasons:
- 1. Long waiting times to gain entry to the event.
- 2. Change of event contents or guests.
- 3. Any other personal reason.
There are no age limits for the general event. However, children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, and proof of age will be required to purchase items such as alcohol, solvents or sharp kitchen tools as per UK legislation.
Visitors with disabilities (Blue Badge, Disability Card Holder) who purchase tickets will be able to bring an additional support person at no charge. Please select the “Carer Entry Ticket” Add On on the Eventbrite ticket portal.
Event security and/or staff may request to see proof of disability which includes but is not strictly limited to: Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal, Independence Payment (PIP), Attendance Allowance (AA), Blind Persons Registration, Armed Forces Independence Payment.
Evolution London is an accessible venue. The entrance for people with disabilities and carers will be the same as the main entrance. Within the venue there are lifts that can be used.
Yes, there is a cloakroom. Please see the venue map, available at the door, for the location. There are charges per item stored.
It will be open during the event opening times, so please make sure that you pick up any items before the event closes.
If items are not collected by event closing time, items may be picked up on subsequent days but will be subject to additional charge.
No, there are no cash machines in site. The closest ATMs to the venue are located on Battersea Park Road, approximately 15 minutes from the venue. We are doing our best to create a cashless event, however please bring enough cash to cover any purchases that you intend to make.
The event will be “No Smoking” inside the building, but there is a smoking area available on site. Please see the event map for location.
Due to the large number of visitors expected, we would strongly advise visitors to take public transport if possible. Car Parking is available within Battersea Park and on the surrounding streets. Please visit Wandsworth council website for more details.
Photography and videos for your personal use are permitted, but please ask for the permission of anyone whose photo you wish to take (exhibitors, cosplayers, etc).
If you intend to do photography and filming for commercial use, please register yourself with our press page.
Aside from personal photography (as explained above), our official HYPER JAPAN photographers and video crew will be on site during the whole event and you may be filmed or photographed by the organiser or a representative. HYPER JAPAN and its associates reserve the right to use your image for promotional purposes on its website, print media or in other advertising on other unlimited channels. By entering HYPER JAPAN Festival 2022 and attending the event, you consent and agree to this.
We would love you to cosplay at HYPER JAPAN Festival! Join our cosplay competition or cosplay celebration!
There are changing spaces available, however space is limited and the spaces are shared, so please prepare as much as possible before you arrive!
In order to keep cosplay safe and enjoyable for everyone please follow the guidelines here:
- Prohibited items:Please note these items are prohibited at the Event;
- Any weapons and projectile weapons including but not limited to guns, rifles, bows or artillery including airsoft guns, BB guns, paintball guns or props built from parts of these items, and gun props regardless of materials.
- Metal blades whether sharp or blunt including swords, axes, kunai, ice skates, and knives and sharp items such as nails and bolts.
- Hard bats, paddles or clubs including wooden or metal baseball bats, golf clubs.
- Slings and catapults.
- Laser pointers, vuvuzelas, silly string, and drones, power tools and heavy tools including chainsaws and hedge trimmers.
- Chemical weapons, explosives, incendiary device including mace, pepper spray, fog or vapour machines.
- Large pressurised containers and gas canisters.
- Any items restricted or prohibited from being carried by law including knuckledusters, nunchucks, and bokken (a type of hard wooden or toughened plastic training sword).
- Heavy items that could be used as weapons including iron pokers, heavy cast iron pans, or crowbars.
- Prohibited attire:Please note the below attires are prohibited as general attire for attendees at the Event and visitors are required to dress responsibly;
- Adult fetish attire.
- Any costume or props of 1.5 metres width and 2 meters height, including banners, wings or puppets. Costumes, props, performances, and displays must not involve or create naked flames, explosions, smoke nor arcs or bursts of exposed electricity.
- The Organiser reserves a right to intervene in the case of inappropriate attire, or not meeting Organiser health and safety standards.
If you’d like to participate as a volunteer for any of the three days between 22-24 July, please fill out our short application form.
Volunteers are what make our events go ‘round, so don’t hesitate to apply if you’re interested.