We are delighted to announce a first virtual okonomiyaki and yakisoba cooking class with a professional chef, Kinu Yukawa! Grab your chance to enjoy an okonomiyaki and yakisoba with other Japanese food fans!
Otafuku Sauce and HYPER JAPAN are hosting the free virtual okonomiyaki and yakisoba cooking class where you can meet Japanese food lovers across the UK, learn the authentic recipes, and have dinner together. Before the class, you will get a free special meal kit of Otafuku products to prepare for the big day! (This is a sample image. Actual products may vary.)
HYPER JAPAN has always brought the most authentic – and delicious – Japanese food to London, and now we’ve teamed up with Otafuku Sauce to bring the most authentic Japanese ingredients directly into your kitchens. The session will be led by Kinu Yukawa from Sozai Cooking School, the first cooking school in the UK dedicated to authentic Japanese food.
Vegans and vegetarians are welcome to take part in the workshop with ingredient substitutes as Otafuku products are vegan friendly.
For allergy information, please check the application page for full an ingredients list.
Cooking Class Details
- Date: Sunday, 24th January 2021
- Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm
- Where: Zoom
- Price: FREE!
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To secure your place, please register your details HERE!
What is happening at the Cooking Class?
[Before the class]
- Participants will receive a kit of Otafuku products (including Okonomi and Yakisoba sauce) in advance of the class
- Participants will be asked to prepare some ingredients to use in the class in advance
- Participants will be asked to follow Otafuku Sauce Global Instagram Account (@otafuku_global)
[During the class]
- Everyone will get together on Zoom, learn how to make the authentic Japanese okonomiyaki and yakisoba and share the joy of eating them!
- Chef Kinu Yukawa will give you a live lesson to make perfect okonomiyaki and yakisoba using sauces which you will get in advance of the class. It will be a live cook-along session, so everyone will be asked to make an okonomiyaki and/or yakisoba with the chef.
[After the class]
- Participants will be asked to take a questionnaire about the class.
Otafuku Sauce Co., Ltd is one of the most famous food companies in Japan and have been producing and distributing a variety of sauces and other cooking ingredients around the globe since 1922. They believe that okonomiyaki can be recognised as a “Japanese borderless food” which is loved by people in the world.
Visit the site https://www.otafukusauce.com/e/
Follow Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/otafuku_global/
Kinu Yukawa is a cooking instructor, food stylist and private chef from Kobe, Japan. She ventured into the world of food early in life and fostered the basics of cooking from her grandmother who was a chef. Later she trained at Ecole Ritz Escoffier Paris and traditional Japanese cuisine in Kyoto.
Kinu believes in the simplicity of the Japanese philosophy in enjoying food with the body’s five senses as well as cooking with the colourful produce in season. Bringing ‘harmony’ to the body nourished by the seasonal ‘food’ which is one of the meanings of the word ‘Washoku’ (the harmony of food), the Japanese terminology for Japanese cuisine.
Kinu has been teaching Japanese cooking at the Japan Centre London since 2011, sharing her expertise and knowledge of Japanese cooking and styling to students of all walks of life and various levels of culinary interests.
Visit her website @Deliciously Japanese
Sozai Cooking School is an established Japanese cookery school with a wide variety of classes from all-time favourites of sushi and tempura, traditional cuisines of kaiseki and shojin, casual street foods of ramen noodles and okonomiyaki, to famous wagashi desserts. The school also provides food education programs designed for different ages, professional chef training, corporate team building sessions, and total business consulting services. Join Sozai friends today and meet a bunch of friendly instructors. They have been offering their best to help your Japanese food craving on one-off online interactive live streaming lessons at special prices during these changing times.
08 November 2023
07 November 2023
06 November 2023
04 November 2023
31 October 2023
25 October 2023
20 October 2023
Outlet Shopping Near Tokyo ・ Find the Best Deals on the Biggest Brands at MITSUI OUTLET PARK MAKUHARI
18 October 2023
02 October 2023
27 September 2023