Torn-paper Fan: Chigirie no uchiwa
What could be more quintessentially Japanese than a paper fan? Especially one decorated using the chigirie technique, where pieces of paper are torn up and used to make pictures that in some ways resemble watercolour paintings. This distinctive art form has been practiced in Japan since the ninth century, often in conjunction with calligraphy.
- Starts at 14:00, Friday 15th, 14:30 Sunday 17th
- £5 Per person
- All Ages
- No advance bookings, purchase a token for the activity at the HJ shop (near the Creative Studio).
- You should be at the Creative Studio 10 minutes before the starting time for the activity.
- You can only purchase a token for an activity during the same session it is taking place.
- 60 People max per activity.