Following Olympia counsel, we recently announced some updated rules regarding cosplay props. Meanwhile, we’ve been listening to your various opinions and have been in ongoing negotiations with Olympia. As a result, we’ve been able to work out some updated rules and regulations for cosplay props which we believe will make everyone’s experience at HYPER JAPAN the best possible.
- Replica guns with orange tips
- Realistic/ metal weapons
- Props and/or weapons with sharp edges
- Bokken (Wooden swords)
- Staffs over 5ft in length
- Bows and crossbows
- Unsecured whips
- Soft/foam/cardboard non-realistic weapons
- Toy weapons (think Jedi lightsaber, or a Splatoon Inkling Splattershot Blaster)
- Staffs up to 5ft in length
Plus! Metal replica weapons will be sold at the event! But, they will be for mail order only, delivered to your door after the event!
Foam swords will also be available to buy over the counter at the event.
What to consider:
- Does it look real?
- Does it look dangerous?
- Could it be intimidating, or confusing to members of the public?
Please keep this in mind!
Not everyone knows about cosplay so please keep ALL props covered on the way to Olympia, as well as when going home.
There will be ZERO tolerance for anyone found to be intimidating the public with a replica weapon.
We want HYPER JAPAN to be a great event for all and as these are rules will be tightly followed at the event, please make sure to read them carefully!