Following Olympia counsel, we recently announced some updated rules regarding cosplay props. Meanwhile, we’ve been listening to your various opinions and have been in ongoing negotiations with Olympia. As a result, we’ve been able to work out some updated rules and regulations for cosplay props which we believe will make everyone’s experience at HYPER JAPAN the best possible.
- Zombie blades
- Realistic-looking replica guns
- Realistic metal weapons
- Props and/or weapons with sharp edges
- Bokken (Wooden swords)
- Wooden Staffs
- Bows and crossbows
- Unsecured whips
- Soft/foam/cardboard non-realistic weapons
- Toy weapons (think Jedi lightsaber, or a Splatoon Inkling Splattershot Blaster)
- Wooden Wizard wands
At the Door
- Event security at the visitor entrances will be determining which props will be allowed into the event. Please understand if security err on the side of caution and do not allow your prop inside the event, but security have the right to ban items as part of our entry process.
- If your prop is not allowed into the event, you will be guided to a safe store room where your prop will be stored until you leave the event
- Does it look real?
- Does it look dangerous?
- Does it have the potential to cause harm (intentionally or not intentionally)?
- Could it be intimidating, or confusing to members of the public?
- Not everyone knows about cosplay so please keep ALL props covered on the way to Olympia, as well as when going home.
- There will be ZERO tolerance for anyone found to be intimidating the public with a replica weapon.
What to consider:
We want HYPER JAPAN to be a great event for all and as these are rules will be tightly followed at the event, please make sure to read them carefully!