FREE WEBINAR ”Cook Local Japan” with JLGC & Kanako Mathys
Sun 26 Feb 2023 11:00 - 12:00
Book Before 23:59 Sat 25 Feb 2023
Fee: Free | Platform: Zoom Webinar
Join us for a webinar to delve into the world of Japanese regional foods and discover how to pair cheese with Japanese cuisine!
The ‘Cook Local Japan‘ website introduces regional foods of Japan and recipes, as well as promoting regional tourism. The upcoming webinar will focus on sharing some popular recipes and cooking tips from Cook Local Japan, and then Kanako Mathys, accredited training partner of the Academy of Cheese UK, will explain how to enjoy Japanese cuisine with cheese as well as pairing cheese with miso or Japanese drinks.
Sunday, 26th February 2023 – 11am
Presented by JLGC Assistant Director, Fumitoshi Nishikawa
・Introduction of Cook Local Japan and Japanese food recipes
・How to use the website and the recipe cards
Presented by Kanako Mathys
・Pairing Japanese cuisine and cheese
・Pairing miso and cheese
・Pairing Japanese drinks and cheese
★What is JLGC(CLAIR)?
The Japan Local Government Centre (JLGC) is the London Office of Japan’s Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR). CLAIR is a government-affiliated foundation which works to support the internationalisation of local authorities in Japan through providing training opportunities, fostering people-to-people exchange with the JET Programme and other initiatives, supporting multiculturalism, and carrying out research on their behalf.
We aim to offer consistently effective support to our local government stakeholders using the know-how and extensive international network we have cultivated over the last 30 years.
- Founder of Culture & Culture (Entity providing linguistic service, seminars, and events specialised in the artisan cheese industry)
- Accredited training partner of the Academy of Cheese UK
- The World Cheese Awards Judge (2017 – 2022)
- Author of Totteoki no Igirisu Cheese; The Best of the British Artisan Cheese (2021, Jupiter Shobo, ISBN: 978-4909817013), the first published book in the Japanese language focused on British artisan cheese
- WSET Level 3 Award in Sake