Japanese traditional “Shimenawa” wreath online workshop with Ritsuko Yamashita
Sat 05 Dec 2020 10:30 - 12:30
Book Before 17:00 Sun 29 Nov 2020
Fee: £40.00 | Platform: ZOOM
Japanese Traditional “Shimenawa” Wreath online workshop with Ritsuko Yamashita (Part1)
Join Ritsuko to make a traditional Japanese new year decoration influenced wreath using “Shimenawa” & “Mizuhiki” imported directly from Japan to decorate your home during this year’s festive season.
“Shimenawa” are typically seen at Shrines in Japan and are most popularly used as a home decoration during the new year festive season to welcome gods who bring happiness and luck for the new year. “Mizuhiki” is traditionally and very commonly used in the present-day as a decorative ornament for ceremonial stationary, accessories and beyond. ( Above images show how Shimenawa is used at Shrine and home in Japan and Mizuhiki envelops used for ceremonial occasions.)
Ritsuko has carefully chosen materials to make a beautiful Japanese influenced “Shimenawa” wreath to decorate your home during this year’s Christmas and New Year holiday which are included in the ticket price.
A free “Mizuhiki” envelop will be sent to first 3 person to buy a ticket.
- Date: 5th December 2020, Saturday
- Time: 10:30-12:30 (2 hours lesson,10 minutes break in between)
- Instructor’s profile: Ritsuko Yamashita
- Ticket Price: £40 – including materials and shipping within the UK (Limited number of tickets available for this workshop.)
- Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 29th November 2020, Sunday.
- Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
- Precautions: 15yrs old and over
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don’t receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Meet and Greet.
- Introduction to “Shimenawa” and its history.
- Introduction to “Mizuhiki” and its history.
- Time for designing with Q&A
(10 minutes Break)
- Decorating your wreath