Mt Fuji & Daruma Doll: Green Tea Cookie Icing Decoration workshop with Yuta Hasumi
Sat 23 Jan 2021 14:00 - 16:00
Book Before 17:00 Sun 17 Jan 2021
Fee: £35 | Platform: Zoom
Join Yuta from Ikigai Biscuit London for a special Japanese new year themed cookie icing decoration workshop.
Traditionally dreaming of Mt Fuji and Daruma doll is believed to bring you good luck for the new year in Japan. In this workshop, to make this dream come true, Yuta will share his immaculate techniques to draw Mt Fuji with a sun rise and Daruma dolls using icing to decorate delicious green tea cookies especially prepared for this workshop by Ikigai Biscuits London.
Date: 23rd January 2021, Saturday
Time: 14:00-16:00 (2 hours lesson)
Instructor’s profile: Yuta Hasumi
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
Ticket Price: £35 – including green tea cookies to decorate at the workshop and 1st class shipping within the mainland U.K.
(Incl. first class shipping fee inside the mainland UK. Please see the below photo for green tea cookies which will be sent to you by the instructor.)
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 17th January 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Over 5 years old ( children under 8 may need adult’s supervision.)
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
The cookies will be shipped to participants prior to the workshop. Participants will need to prepare icing and equipment in advance. ( You will receive a detailed instruction for preparing icing prior to the workshop.)
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Yuta will demonstrate how to make icing sugar (both firm and soft).
- Start decorating 2 shapes of cookies – Darma doll and Mt Fuji with a sun rise.
- Draw the embankment around the edge of cookies with the firm sugar.
- Pour the soft sugar onto the cookies and dry them.
- Finish decorating the cookies
* Please note the green tea cookies in the material pack contains allergens: gluten-wheat, eggs and dairy product-butter. The material pack will be sent to you directly by the instructor.
List of ingredients needed for the class
Please prepare icing from the ingredients below prior to the workshop and keep them in the fridge. Please refer Yuta’s instruction sheet ( which will be sent to you prior to the workshop) when preparing icing.
- Icing Sugar 900g
- Egg white x 4 ( approximately 120grams)
- Food colouring ( red, blue, black and ivory)
From the above ingredients, please prepare the following coloured/uncoloured icing and please keep them in the fridge once made;
- Black – 50g
- White – 150g
- Red – 200g
- Blue – 100g
- White – 100g
- Uncoloured – 300g
Equipment needed for the class
Please prepare this equipment by yourself before the workshop starts.
- Piping bags and/or squeeze bottles
- Spatula or other kitchenware to lift up cookies
- Baking tray or baking sheets
- Oven ( if possible ) * will be used for drying
Ikigai Biscuit London
Yuta Hasumi is a Japanese artisan baker. He creates delicate, creative and authentic icing cookies. He personalises cookies for special occasions, birthdays and corporate events. One of his signatures is dogs, cats-shape biscuits looking like their adorable pets. He takes orders and delivers lessons for customers across the UK, Europe and Japan. Also, he sells wholesale to local bakeries and stores in the UK. Aside from baking, he is active in business, serving as a people & culture consultant across sectors.
Yuta obtained a MBA with honors in Human Resources Management at Waseda Business School, and holds a BA Degree in International Law at Waseda University.More details