Sumi-e (Japanese ink painting) Workshop Part 4: “White Plum Blossom” with Akemi Lucas
Sat 06 Feb 2021 10:30 - 12:30
Book Before 17:00 Fri 05 Feb 2021
Fee: £25.00 | Platform: ZOOM
Sumi-e (Japanese Ink Painting) workshop “White Plum Blossom”
Date: 6th February 2021, Saturday
Time: 10:30-12:30 (2 hours lesson,10 minutes break in between)
Instructor’s profile: Akemi Lucas
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
- £25 – Single person ticket
- £40 – Family ticket (Family ticket allows up to 2 people to participate with 1 access)
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 5th February 2021, Friday.
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set:
- £35 – Single person ticket with 1 thin brush
- £77 – Single person ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment set
- £50 – Family ticket with 1 thin brush
- £92 – Family ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment sets
(Incl. first class shipping fee inside the mainland UK. Please see below for equipment details and the photo.)
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set sales will close on 31st January 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Over 15 years old
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form
**If you don’t receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Warm-up exercises
- Introduction of brush techniques-Tree trunk, twigs, flower petals, buds, stem and the moon
(10min break time)
- Layout and ink control
- Order of painting
- Completing artworks
- Q&A time
Akemi will assess your work for comments by sending your work through HYPER JAPAN after the workshop.
Equipment needed for the class
Please prepare this equipment by yourself before the workshop starts.
- 2 Brushes (Japanese Calligraphy Brushes – 1 x thick and 1 x thin brush – or watercolour paint brush)
- Ink: Black calligraphy ink ( or black watercolour ink)
- Paper: Calligraphy – Hanshi – paper, roughly 30 papers ( or packing papers)
- Three small plates for ink
- Cloth (Felt): put under the paper.
- Paperweight (or anything heavy to put on the paper or Washi paper to fix)
- Water for washing brush & diluting ink ( water in a jam jar )
- Some Kitchen towel or tissue papers
- Old (tooth) brush & a mesh net/strainer or skimmer spoon ( for the Moon effect)
- Card board ( or thick paper ), pencil and scissor ( for the shape of the moon)
💫 Details of calligraphy equipment set for sale
- 1 x Calligraphy – Hanshi – Paper set (contains 100 pieces)
- 1 x Black Calligraphy Ink bottle
- 1 x Cloth (Felt) to put under the paper
- 1 x Brush (Thick) : Koshu Original – pictured in the main calligraphy set on below left.
- 1 x Brush (Thin): pictured below right – only one available colour will be included.
Details of Calligraphy thin brush for sale
One of the thin brush will be sent to you. ( One available colour at the point of despatch will be sent directly by the instructor.)
Japanese Calligraphy Master
Koshu Japanese Art (雅号：紅秋）
Koshu is the identity of Akemi Lucas as a Japanese calligraphy master. She was born in Japan and started learning calligraphy from the age of eight. Her distinct style of calligraphy builds on traditional skills, and further embodies of fusion of the ancient and the modern, the eastern and the western, and the before and the after.
Currently, she is based in the UK as a Japanese artist, predominantly working on exhibitions, demonstrations, workshops, and commissions. Her latest calligraphy artworks were used in the 2019 Rugby World Cup and a multi-media advertising campaign for the main sponsor of the British Olympic team for the Tokyo Olympic Games.More details