Sumi-e (Japanese ink painting) Workshop Part 5: “Coloured Cherry Blossom” with Akemi Lucas
Sat 13 Mar 2021 10:00 - 13:00
Book Before 17:00 Fri 12 Mar 2021
Fee: £35.00 | Platform: ZOOM
Sumi-e (Japanese Ink Painting) workshop “Coloured Cherry Blossom”
Date: 13th March 2021, Saturday
Time: 10:00-13:00 (3 hours lesson, 10 minutes break in between)
Instructor’s profile: Akemi Lucas
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
- £35 – Single person ticket
Ticket sales will close at 5pm on 12th March 2021, Friday.
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set:
- £45 – Single person ticket with 1 thin brush
- £87- Single person ticket with 1 full calligraphy equipment set
(Incl. first class shipping fee inside the mainland UK. Please see below for equipment details and the photo.)
Ticket with calligraphy equipment set sales will close on 7th March 2021, Sunday.
Precautions: Over 15 years old
Please read the Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before you submit your form.
**If you don’t receive any information one day before the class, please send an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
- Warm-up exercises
- Introduction of brush techniques-Tree trunk, twigs, buds, stem and flower petals.
(10min break time)
- Layout and ink control
- Order of painting
- Creating artworks in Sumi (black ) first
- Explaining how to use colours for petals
- Completing artworks tree trunk in Sumi, flower petals in pink.
- Q&A time
Akemi will assess your work for comments by sending your work through HYPER JAPAN after the workshop.
Equipment needed for the class
Please prepare this equipment by yourself before the workshop starts.
- 2 Brushes (Japanese Calligraphy Brushes – 1 x thick and 1 x thin brush – or watercolour paint brush)
- Ink: Black calligraphy ink ( or black watercolour ink)
- Gansai Paint: white and red ( or white and red water colour paint)
- Paper: Calligraphy – Hanshi – paper, roughly 30 papers ( or packing papers)
- Five small plates for ink
- Cloth (Felt): put under the paper.
- Paperweight (or anything heavy to put on the paper or Washi paper to fix)
- Water for washing brush & diluting ink ( water in a jam jar )
- Some Kitchen towel or tissue papers
💫 Details of calligraphy equipment set for sale
- 1 x Calligraphy – Hanshi – Paper set (contains 100 pieces)
- 1 x Black Calligraphy Ink bottle
- 1 x Cloth (Felt) to put under the paper
- 1 x Brush (Thick) : Koshu Original – pictured in the main calligraphy set on below left.
- 1 x Brush (Thin): pictured below on far left – only one thin brush will be included.
Details of Calligraphy thin brush for sale
One of the thin brush will be sent to you directly by the instructor.
Japanese Calligraphy Master
Koshu Japanese Art (雅号：紅秋）
Koshu is the identity of Akemi Lucas as a Japanese calligraphy master. She was born in Japan and started learning calligraphy from the age of eight. Her distinct style of calligraphy builds on traditional skills, and further embodies of fusion of the ancient and the modern, the eastern and the western, and the before and the after.
Currently, she is based in the UK as a Japanese artist, predominantly working on exhibitions, demonstrations, workshops, and commissions. Her latest calligraphy artworks were used in the 2019 Rugby World Cup and a multi-media advertising campaign for the main sponsor of the British Olympic team for the Tokyo Olympic Games.More details