Finalist sushi by Ayako Tamura, from the Original Sushi Competition 2003.
- 60g sushi rice
- 4 sliced chicken(approx. 18g each)
- A cup of tea(cold)
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp wasabi
- A little soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the chicken in the tea and keep overnight in the fridge.Remove it and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir fry the chicken in a frying pan until cooked, then remove it from pan.
- Making the sauce: Add the tea and soya sauce to the same frying pan, heat then leave to cool.
- Making the wasabi-cream: Mix the wasabi and cream cheese.
- Take 15g of rice in your right hand and gently mould it into the shape of a ship’s hull. Repeat four times.
- Place the chicken on the pieces of rice, brush on the sauce then top with the wasabi-cream.