This traditional Japanese dessert would make the perfect way to round off any meal.
- 4g powdered kanten
- 50g sugar
- 200ml water
- 300ml milk or soy milk
- 2-3 drops of almond essence
- A tin of fruit cocktail (450g)
- Place the kanten and water in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add milk and bring to the boil again.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the almond essence. Pour the mixture into a damp tub and refrigerate.
- When it is set, cut into small oval shaped pieces and serve with the tinned fruit and its syrup.