Somewhat similar to chirashizushi, barazushi offers a pleasing variety of delicious taste sensations.
- 800g sushi rice
- 200g grilled eel
- 200g salmon roe
- 12 shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 8 mangetout
- some trefoil (to garnish)
- 1 sheet nori (21cm x 19cm)
- 4 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Slice up the grilled eel into 2cm x 2cm strips whilst hot. Boil and shell the shrimps.
- Beat the eggs gently, add a pinch of salt, and pour a small amount into a heated, lightly oiled frying pan to make a thin sheet of omelette. Make a few sheets, roll them on a chopping board and cut into very fine strips, 2mm. Boil the mangetout and trefoil only briefly (to retain their fresh colour), and slice into strips, 2cm. Cut the nori into thin strips.
- Serve the sushi rice in a bowl and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Arrange the eel, salmon roe, omelette strips, mangetout, shrimp, nori and trefoil on the rice.