Brown Sugar Syrup Jelly
Mix cute colours up with traditional Japanese flavours for a mountain of mini-treats.
- 500ml water
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 sachet (approx. 11g) of powdered gelatine*
- soy milk, unsweetened
*if you’re vegetarian, you can replace this with agar agar, or kanten, a vegetable gelling agent made from seaweed. Check the packet for how much you should use
- Place the water and brown sugar in a pan and heat gently.
- Stir the mixture until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the gelatine to a little water, mix well, then add to the pan.
- Once the gelatine has dissolved, turn down the heat, and leave to cool for a few moments. Once cool, pour into mould(s) and leave to set in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
- Once set, slice or spoon the jelly into a serving dish, and smother with soy milk.