A classic sushi roll that’s colourful and delicious.
1 roll (6 pieces)
- 100g cooked sushi rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Smoked salomon, cut into stripes
- 2 1/2 crab sticks
- 2 tbsp frying fish roe or an alternative
- 2/3 sheet of nori seaweed
- Some mayonnaise
- Sushi mat, covered with cling film
- Soy sauce
- Place the nori, shiny side down, on the sushi mat. Spread a layer of suhis rice over the whole surface of the nori to an even thickness. Sprinkle the frying fish roe evenly over the rice.
- Turn the sheet of nori over so that the roe-covered rice is face down on the cling film. Smear a line of wasabi along the length of the nori, approximately 1/3 of the way up from the bottom edge.
- Top the nori with salmon, seafood sticks, avocado slices or other fillings of your choice, and drizzle with mayonnaise.
- Begin rolling the sushi mat up from the edge nearest you, using your fingers to keep the sillings in place and your thumbs to lift the mat.
- When the mat has almost completely enveloped the sushi, pull out the end of the mat so that is it not rolled up in the sushi.Squeeze the mat firmly. Gently press the sides of the roll with your fingers to flatten, and remove sushi from the mat.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce and gari.