Chicken Ball and sweet sake sauce
The light and simple taste of chicken goes great with this delicious sweet sake sauce.
- 300g chicken mince
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 600ml dashi
- 100g asparagus, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 egg
- 2 tsp sake
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso (any type)
- 3 tbsp sake
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Mix the mince, [A], and the cornflour in a bowl.
- Heat dashi in a pan till it starts boiling then scoop up a tablespoonful of the mince mixture and slide it off into the pan with another spoon.
- Repeat the process until the mince is all used then simmer till the surface of the mince balls become hard.
- Add [B] and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and keep cooking for a further 5 minutes then add the asparagus just before removing from the heat.