Chilled Okra Salad
A light and healthy dish that’s perfect for summer. Also a good example of the neba-neba group of foods, neba-neba meaning slippery, sticky or slimy. Try it and see!
- 6 okra
- 1 aubergine, julienned (3cm)
- 2/3 cucumber, julienned (3cm)
For the dressing
- Oba leaves
- Place the okra and cucumber on a chopping board, sprinkle with salt and gently roll around the board with your hands. Wash with cold water and pay dry.
- Cut the aubergine in lengths of around 3cm, and then place in cold water for a few minutes. Remove, pat dry and julienne, along with the cucumber. Slice the okra widthways, as thinly as possible.
- If you have them, thinly slice the myoga and julienne the oba leaves.
- Combine the vegetables together, and set aside for a few minutes until the okra starts to become slightly sticky.
- Smother with the dressing, and put in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.