Chunky Vegetable Miso Soup (Kenchin-jiru)
Packed with vegetables, this is a really healthy lunch or supper option.
- 1 small potato, peeled
- 1/4 medium carrot
- 60g konnyaku (1/2 standard size block)
- 1/4 leek
- 70g cotton tofu (1/5 standard size block)
- 20g red miso
- 350ml dashi
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Cut the konnyaku, potato and carrot into very small pieces. Slice the leek diagonally, into pieces 2cm in width.
- Heat the sesame oil in a deep pan and stir-fry the konnyaku and vegetables. Add the dashi and simmer until the soup ingredients have softened.
- Crush the tofu by hand and add to the pan. Gently dissolve the miso and remove from the heat before bringing it to the boil.