Winner of the 2005 Original Sushi Competition. Recipe by Cynthia Awor-Ojera.
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 1/4 lime
- 1 tsp chinese five spice seasoning
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 chilli
- Crushed chilli crisps
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 thinly chopped red & green pepper
- Thinly chopped spring onion
- Groundnut oil
- Small bowl of cooked sushi rice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- thin slices of nori, to garnish
- Slice chicken fillet in half, place between cling film and bat until thin. Season with garlic, lime juice, five spice, salt, pepper, groundnut oil and leave to marinate.
- Place the cooked sushi rice into a bowl with ginger, spring onions, pepper, salt and soy sauce, mix well and leave to infuse.
- Place chicken on a clean surface, place rice in the middle and roll carefully and put it in a steamer for 4 mins. Once cooked, leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Place cling film on mat, spread sushi rice and crushed chilli crisps on top. Place steamed chicken on the corner, and roll. Thinly slice, and carefully wrap a slice of nori around each slice.