This method of preparation accentuates the flavour of the mackerel, and is ideal served on a bowl of steamed white rice.
- 200g mackerel (boned)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sake
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp corn or potato flour
- 2 spring onions
- Vegetable oil for deep-flying
- Cut the mackerel into bite-size pieces. Mix the ingredients of the marinade [A] and marinade the mackerel in it for 15 minutes.
Drain the marinade thoroughly to make the fish crispy.
- Drain well and coat each piece with the corn flour then leave for a few minutes for the starch to settle.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to 170ÀöC then deep-fry the mackerel until golden brown.