Fried Tofu with Vegetables (Iri-dofu)
Simple, low cost, delicious, and packed with goodness.
- 280g silken tofu (1 standard size block, strained)
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tbsp garden peas
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 0.5 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 80ml dashi
- 3.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- Wrap the drained tofu in a tea towel to remove excess water. Remove the stem of the shiitake, then slice them up with the carrot.
- Heat both the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a pan and fry the shiitake and carrot. Crumble the tofu and add it to the stir-fry. Add A and cook for 5-6 minutes until the sauce is almost reduced to nothing.
- Just before it’s ready, pour in the beaten egg, stir, and sprinkle over the garden peas.