Genghis Khan Barbeque Marinade
Genghis Khan, as well as being a barbaric historical figure, is also the name of a delicious lamb dish, supposedly based on Mongolian barbeque – head up to the north island, Hokkaido, to enjoy it at its best or, more realistically, recreate it as kebabs on your own barbeque.
For 500g meat
- 100ml soy sauce
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 50ml sake (or dry sherry)
- 1tsp grated ginger/ginger paste
- 1tsp grated garlic/garlic paste
- a few slices of lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together well and pour over the meat or vegetables.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes to marinade.
- Cook the meat or vegetables on the barbeque or under the grill, basting if required.