Green Tea Ice Cream (Matcha Ice Cream)
A delicious ice cream packed with the antioxidant goodness of matcha green tea.
- 60g (1/2 cup) shiratama powder (rice dumpling mix, available from Japanese or Chinese food shops)
- 50ml water
- 300ml vanilla ice cream
- 2 tsp matcha (green tea powder)
- 150g sweet azuki beans (tinned)
- some fruits and/ or whipped cream
- Mix the matcha with the ice cream and stir until the colour becomes even, then put it in a freezer for a while to set.
- Mix the shiratama powder with the water, knead well and mould into small balls (1.5cm in diameter). Put the balls in boiling water and keep boiling until the dumplings float on the surface of the water, then scoop them and put them into cold water.
- Serve the ice cream with dumplings (drained), azuki beans and fruit and/or cream.