Green Tea (Matcha) Chocolate Truffles
Matcha’s elegant bitterness blends well with creamy white chocolate.Lovely green treat for a relaxing weekend.
- 300g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 100ml single cream
- 20g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Matcha powder
- Some Matcha powder for dusting
- In a small saucepan bring the single cream just to a boil, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the finely chopped white chocolate and butter in the pan, mix until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth with a rubber spatul. Shift in the Matcha powder and mix completely.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a small square baking pan or dish lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until set.
- Turn the mixture out onto a cutting board, peel off the baking paper, and cut the mixture into 3/4 inch squares.
- Dust with the matcha powder.