Grilled Cheese Rice Balls
The onigiri is Japan’s handiest meal, like our sandwich. And this is toasted version!
- 150g cooked rice
- 15g cheese, finely diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin or 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 nori sheet, to wrap (optional)
- Wet your palms and spread the rice in one palm then make a small hollow and place the cheese in it. Shape the rice into a flattened triangular form using both hands, enclosing the cheese with the rice.
- Mix the soy sauce with mirin (or sugar) and spread evenly onto the surface of the rice ball.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook both sides of the rice ball on a medium-low heat until browned. Wrap with nori seaweed (optional).