Grilled Rice Ball
Aromatic and crispy-Japan’s handiest meal
- 150g cooked rice
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin or 1/2 tsp sugar
- Nori (optional)
- Umeboshi (one per rice ball)
- Tuna mayonnaise (made with pole and line caught tuna)
- Salted salmon
- Wet your palms and spread the rice in one palm then make a small hollow and place the filling in it. Shape the rice into a flattened triangular form using both hands, enclosing the filling within the rice.
- Mix the soy sauce with mirin (or sugar) and spread evenly onto the surface of the rice ball.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook both sides of the rice ball on medium-low heat until browned. Wrap with nori(optional).