Grilled Tofu and Cheese Gratin
Although it is a traditional Japanese ingredient, this recipe shows that tofu can be successfully served with Western ingredients.
- 600-700g firm tofu (2 standard size blocks)
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 floret broccoli (lightly boiled)
- 150g cheddar cheese (grated)
- Drain the tofu and cut into 1cm cubes. Cut the tomato into 5mm slices, and the brocolli into bite-size pieces.
- Place the ingredients (including A) onto a heat-resistant plate, top with the cheese and grill for 12-20 minutes.