Hand-rolled Sushi (Temakizushi)
Super simple sushi with no fussy cutting or slicing.
- 800g sushi rice
- 8-10 sheets of nori
- 120g raw tuna
- 50g natto (fermented soy bean)
- 4 umeboshi (pickled plum)
- 4 shiso leaves, cut into stripes
- a few chieves, finely chopped
- Soy sauce
- Chop up the raw tuna and mix it with the chives. (This will make a negitoro roll)
- Stone and crush theumeboshi and mix it together with the shiso. (This will make an umeboshi roll)
- Stir the natto well, mix it with soy sauce. (This will make a natto roll)
- Each person scoops up enough rice for 3-4 bites (about 60g), places it on a sheet of dried seaweed, adds the topping of their choice and rolls it up to eat. You can roll sushi with salad leaves instead of seaweed, and use other fillings such as tuna mayonnaise, or thinly sliced cucumber and rolled omelette. Server immediately with soy sauce, sushi-gari and wasabi.