Adult Gold winner Gunkan Makizushi by Naomi Hattori, from the Original Sushi Competition 2003.
- 48g sushi rice
- 20g tomato
- 20g mozzarella cheese
- 20g cucumber
- Some Italian dressing
- 4 small sheets of nori (8cm x 2.5cm each)
- Some black pepper
- Briefly boil then peel the tomato.
- Chop the tomato, mozzarella and cucumber finely, then mix with the Italian dressing.
- Take 12g of rice in your right hand and gently mould it into the shape of a ship’s hull. Repeat four times.
- Wrap the nori around the rice pieces.
- Put the vegetable mixture on the rice pieces, and sprinkle with black pepper.