Japanese-Style Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry with Horseradish
Whip up a delicious stir-fry in minutes with this simple recipe that combines traditional British ingredients with Japanese flavours.
- 200g sirloin steak
- 10-15 asparagus stems
- 50g watercress
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large gherkin
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce (from a jar) *alternatively used 2 tsp wasabi mixed in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Slice the sirloin steak meat into strips 1cm in width. Half the asparagus stems, then cut each half in half lengthways. Chop the watercress roughly. Finely slice the garlic, and chop the gherkin roughly.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan, then add the garlic and sliced beef and fry on a high heat.
- Add the asparagus and continue to fry.
- Add the horseradish sauce, soy sauce, watercress, and gherkin. Mix all the ingredients together well and remove from the heat.
(1) Cut the asparagus as required according to stem thickness.
(2) Cook everything together on a high heat.