Marinated Fried Salmon and Vegetables
Stimulates the appetite with the gentle heat of its nanbanzuke marinade.
- 4 salmon fillets, boned and skinned
- 2 peppers of your choice
- 6 Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 dried red chilli
For the nanbanzuke marinade
- 100ml of dashi
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp mirin
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a small pan. Bring to the boil once then cool.
- Cut and deseed the peppers.¬† Halve the shiitake mushrooms. Wipe any moisture from the vegetables and fry them in oil. Try grilling them if you do not want them to soak them in too much oil.
- Wipe any moisture from the salmon fillets. Cut them into approx 3 x 3 cm. Lightly cover with flour and fry, turning occasionally until crispy brown (about 4 mins). Drain off any excess oil.
- Whilst still hot, place the vegetables and salmon in the marinade along with the chilli peppers. Cool the mixture to room temperature and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins, or preferably overnight.