Matcha and White Chocolate Truffles
Bitter, sweet, salty—deliciously unusual truffles.
Photo by Ali Muskett, alimuskett.com
- 150ml double cream
- 150g white chocolate(as good a quality as possible)
- 1 drop soy sauce
- 1 drop mirin
- 3 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Heat it in a double boiler, stirring continuously until it is nicely melted.
- Pour the cream into a pan over medium heat and let it heat up. When little bubbles appear on the surface, add it to the chocolate and pour in a drop of mirin and soy.
- Pour the melted mixture into a bowl and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to let it set nicely. Take it out 30 minutes before rolling the truffles and let it warm to room temperature.
- To form the truffles, dip a teaspoon in hot water and scoop out little balls of chocolate from the mixture. Drop in the matcha and coat them evenly.