Millennium Dome Sushi
Adults’ Bronze Winner sushi by Memi Sumiya, from the Original Sushi Competition 2003.
- 150g sushi rice
- 6 sheets of nori
- 3 small eggs, boiled
- skin of 1/3 cucumber, cut into spikes
For the filling
- 75g soft tofu
- 1/2 standard piece of abura-age
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp light miso
- 85g dashi stock
- Drain the tofu well by wrapping it in a kitchen towel and placing a weight on top.
- Cut the abura-age into small pieces. Boil with dashi stock until the stock is absorbed.
- Mix the mayonnaise and miso in a bowl, add the tofu and abura-age, and mix well. Halve the eggs, remove the yolks, and fill the holes with the mix.
- Stick the cucumber spikes into the eggs, to resemble the Millennium Dome.
- Gently mould 18g of rice into an oval shape and wrap nori around it. Repeat 6 times.
- Place the egg domes on top of the rice.