Miso and Sesame Barbeque Marinade
Perfect for the barbeque, this gently spiced marinade goes as well with lamb as it does with aubergine.
For 500g meat
- 30g ground sesame
- 30g dark miso
- 10g sugar
- 50ml sake (or dry sherry)
- 1tsp grated ginger/ginger paste
- 1tsp grated garlic/garlic paste
- 10ml rice vinegar
- 10ml tobanjan (a spicy sauce made from soy beans. Try your local Asian store or go online)
- Mix all the ingredients together well and pour over the meat or vegetables.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes to marinade.
- Cook the meat or vegetables on the barbeque or under the grill, basting if required.