An ideal way to enjoy the delicate sweetness of miso! Enrich your baking with white miso’s rich nutritional benefits.
- 200g plain flour
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 100g butter
- 80g sugar
- 20g white miso
- 20g sliced almonds (optional)
- Put the butter in a bowl and soften with a spatula. Mix with the sugar and the miso.
- Add the beaten egg gradually, then add the flour (sieved) and almonds. Mix well but gently.
- Place the dough on a sheet on cling film and roll it into a pole shape, 5cm in diameter. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Take the dough out of the fridge and cut into 5mm slices.
- Put the slices on a greased baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes until slightly browned.