Miso Mozzarella Sushi
Winner of the 2003 Original Sushi Competition. Recipe by Chikako Aoki.
- 60g sushi rice
- 4 slices of Mozzarella cheese
- 100g brown miso
- 100g Hatcho miso
- some chilli powder
- 2 almonds, halved
- 4 strips julienned carrot, to garnish
- 2 spring onions, julienned, to garnish
- shredded nori, to garnish
- Mix together the miso and chilli powder. Drain the Mozzarella cheese slices and place in the mixture. Leave to marinade for 2-3 days.
- Drain the Mozzarella pieces, wiping off any excess miso.
- Make 4 pieces of sushi from the sushi rice and place the cheese on top.
- Garnish with carrots, nori, spring onion, and almond.