Oven Baked Tofu (Gisei-dofu)
A very traditional tofu dish with the delicacy of taste that‚Äôs characteristic of Japanese home cooking.
- 1,120g cotton tofu (4 x standard size blocks), strained
- 2 eggs
- 80g fresh gingko nuts
- 40g carrot
- 4 shiitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Wrap the drained tofu in a tea tower to remove excess water.
- Ground the tofu with a mortar and pestle (pouring away the water), add the egg and A.
- Peel and boil the gingko nuts, then slice up thinly.
- Cut the carrot and the shiitake very finely, and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Coat a small roasting tin with oil, pour in the mixture and flatten the surface. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Back in a preheated oven at 180C for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut up and serve.