Oyster Hot Pot with Miso (Kaki-nabe)
This is a traditional cook-at-the-table winter hot pot, which can also be cooked on a regular cooker.
- 400g oysters (without shells)
- 1 leek
- 350g cotton tofu (1 standard size block)
- 100g enoki mushrooms
- 100g shimeji mushrooms
- 800ml dashi
- 100g red miso
- 100g white miso
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 100ml sake
- Rub the oysters with salt to remove the dirt and sand, then rinse and drain well.
- Slice the leek diagonally, into piece 2cm in width. Cut the tofu into 8 even pieces. De-stem the enoki and shimeji mushrooms, and break into pieces.
- Mix <A> well in a bowl. Put in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, add the leek, oysters, mushrooms and finally the tofu.
- Once the ingredients are cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the pan immediately on the table, and serve.