Pasta Salad with Avocado and Wasabi
This is a chilled pasta with very rich and creamy wasabi-hinted avocado sauce. If you enjoy a little kick of wasabi, then this appetizer is for you.
- 200g pasta
- 2 medium, ripe avocados
- 1 tsp wasabi (or adjust to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- Some chives, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until cooked (follow the package directions). Drain and rinse well under cold water.
- Peel the avocados, remove the stones and mash with a fork fairly smooth in a bowl. Add the wasabi, minced garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, walnut oil, salt and pepper, mix together well.
- Drain the cold pasta, toss with the avocado sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives.