Combining versatile cheese and tomato with Japanese ingredients makes for a delicious pizza.
- Makes 1 pizza
- 150-200g pizza dough
- 100g grated cheese
- 100g fresh chopped tomato
- 10g minced chicken
- 1 tsp miso
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sake
- vegetable oil for frying
- pinch of shredded nori
- shiitake mushrooms, spring onion, shiso (perilla), etc, for toppings
- Preheat the oven to a medium heat.
- Stir-fry the chicken in the oil with the soy sauce and sake until the colour changes. Add the miso and stir just before removing from the heat.
- Form the pizza base with the dough and spread on the tomato, chicken, other toppings, and finally the cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until the cheese and dough crust begins to brown. Garnish with nori just before serving.