Pork Cutlet with Miso Sauce (Miso-katsu)
Miso-katsu is a local specialty from the Nagoya area: crispy cutlets and a sizzling miso sauce‚ the perfect combination!
- 2 pork loin chops
- pinch of salt and pepper
- handful of plain flour
- handful of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- some vegetable oil for deep frying
- 50g cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 lemon wedges
- 50ml dashi
- 70g red miso
- 30g white miso
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Put <A> into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make 4-5 cuts along each chop with cutting right through.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Coat thinly in flour; dip into the beaten egg then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry the pork until it floats on the surface of the oil.
- Place the pork on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange the thinly shredded cabbage onto a plate with the cutlet.
- Pour the miso sauce on top and serve with lemon wedges.