Japan’s take on a European classic, this dish is particularly popular with children. Try substituting the chicken with your favourite meat or vegetables to create your own perfect parcel of food.
- 130g rice, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/6 onion
- 30g chicken breast
- 1-2 tbsp tomato ketchup (for seasoning)
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable or sunflower oil
- Some ketchup (for drizzling)
- Chop the onion. Cut the chicken into 1cm cubes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter gently in a frying pan, and fry the chicken and onion.
- Once the chicken has browned gently on all sides, add the rice and stir-fry, mixing the ingredients together well.
- Season with salt, pepper and tomato ketchup.
- Beat the two eggs together well, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in another frying pan. Pour in the beaten eggs into the pan and heat. When the eggs are almost cooked through, place the fried rice in one half of the frying pan, on top of the omelette.
- Fold the omelette around the rice, place on a plate with some salad, and drizzle with tomato ketchup.