Rice with Chicken and Vegetables (Gomoku Takikomi-gohan)
Packed with healthful ingredients, this is great for making in bulk then taking into work or school for lunch, too.
- Serves 4
- 450g rice, uncooked
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 100g burdock root, peeled and cut into shavings
- 100g shiitake
- 60g chicken breast
- 20g fried bean curd (1 block)
- 600ml dashi
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Prepare the vegetables. Soak the burdock root shavings in water to soften. Remove the stems of the shiitake and cut the caps into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, and the bean curd into thin strips.
- Place the rice, vegetables, chicken and bean curd into a rice cooker with the dashi, soy sauce, sake and mirin, and cook.