Sardine Pasta (Iwashi pasta)
Sardines are a great cupboard staple, and when combined with soy sauce instantly become a flavour of Japan
- 350g cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin sardines in oil
- 2 slices bacon or ham
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 dried chilli pepper, thinly sliced, or chilli flakes
- olive oil for stir-frying
- chives, chopped, and nori, finely sliced, for garnish
- Cook the pasta. Drain and mix with the olive oil.
- Cut the sardines and bacon into small pieces. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Then lower the heat and fry the sardines, bacon and chilli pepper until they become crispy.
- Add the soy sauce and pasta, stir gently, and remove from the heat. Serve on individual plates and garnish with chives and nori.